"Buy a drink & have it in front of you while you're playing games at the pub."
Sorry to have to spell this out but the owners were in the pub last night & spotted the three players at one of the tables sitting with two empty glasses. They're paying the bills & it looked like we weren't doing our bit & buying drinks. They had a word with the barmaid and she had a word with one of us.
Even if you just buy a pint of orange squash & nurse it all evening, at least you've got a drink if anyone comes round checking what we're doing.
I know that people:
- get involved with their games and don't think of leaving it to buy a drink.
- don't want to drink a lot.
- just want to buy their own drink, not buy a big round for everyone at the table.
- don't want to miss what is going on in the game.
I understand all this and I am not looking to make anyone feel unwelcome to come to the games club.
- accommodate comfort breaks to buy a drink & use the facilities.
- wait patiently for people to return to the table.
- give you a recap of what you missed while away from the games table.
What I don't want to do is annoy the owners of the pub where go every week. The club has tried using other pubs in the town as a venue but the Newbold Comyn Arms fits the bill better than most and have always welcomed us and treated us well. I don't want the hassle of finding another venue, and wherever we go will expect us to buy a drink while we're in playing games.